The Client/Purchaser: The recipient of the service and name listed on the booking form.
The Make Up Artist: Courtney McCormick
The Agreement: The contract that exists between the client and Courtney for the agreed fee.
The Booking Fee: The amount payable by the client to the company to secure their event and also, covers the cost of trial
The Final Total: The amount payable by the client to the company for the services performed on the event/service date.
The Event: Relates in principal to the date whereby the event/service takes place.
The Party: Additional members of the bridal party (Weddings)
The Rate: The amount payable by client/company for hours/days/months of service(s) provided.
- The agreement is a contract between you, the client and Courtney McCormick Makeup Artistry for Services rendered.
- A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required to secure any booking. The deposit can be made via a link provided by artist.
- The Booking Deposit also covers the cost of your trial. If you wish to not have a trial, the fee will be deducted from the final total.
- Upon completion of the contract and payment of Booking Deposit, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined.
- The artist reserves the right to take any other bookings for the said 'Event/service Date' until a contract and booking deposit are received.
- A trial is arranged on a mutually convenient date and time, trials are typically scheduled 4-6 weeks before your wedding day.
- The trial duration is up to 1 hour 30 mins per person. If a trial exceeds this time per person, a second trial may be arranged at additional charge.
- Trial dates are subject to change to accommodate weddings/events.
- Trial appointments are subject to change in the event of Client or Makeup Artists illness or incapacity to work.
- The client must ensure that the make up artist is notified of any allergies, medical issues or sensitivities prior to application.
- On the day of the trial, the look will be documented in a photograph that will not be disclosed online prior to the wedding day and notes made of the products and shades used.
- The make up artist maintains the right to refuse any client where contraindications exist.
- The make up artist reserves the right to cancel a booking following trial within 24 hours of the trial in the case where the relationship is not conducive for a relaxed wedding morning.
- On the day of the wedding/event, the make up artist will arrive at the agreed time at the agreed preparation address. A well lit area and a table are required for services.
- The make up artist may take photographs of the completed look on the wedding day which may be used on and associated social media sites.
Travel and Accommodation
- Travel is $1.00 per mile from zip code 21085, one way.
- Any additional charges such as parking or tolls are to be paid by the client.
- Where necessary we may agree hotels and flights which are payable by the client.
- The Booking fee is due upon completion and signature of contract. Your Event is not considered "booked" until a signed contract and booking deposit is received. The artist reserves the right to take other bookings for the said 'Event Date' until a contract and booking deposit are received.
- The final balance is due upon arrival or prior to the Event.
- If you pay for Event services prior to the Event, any additional work carried out on the wedding day must be paid on the day of.
- In the unlikely event that the make up artist is unable to attend the Event Date, due to and not limited to; Sickness, accident, injury or personal emergency. A make up artist will be sourced to complete the booking. If the make up artist is unable to find a suitable replacement a full refund will be issued minus the Booking Fee amount.
- If the booking is directly affected by circumstance beyond the control of the makeup artist, where possible the Company will always endeavor to rectify such situations. However, no compensation will be offered on the Companies part. It is strongly advised you take out wedding insurance to cover you against these situations.
- As a part of our wedding agreement, Courtney McCormick Makeup Artistry requires a credit card to be kept on file. The credit card on file will only be charged in the event of a bounced check, failure to pay full amount due, and cancellation of Event within the one month Cancellation period. A 4% convenience fee will be added to any credit card transaction.
- Courtney McCormick Makeup is fully insured by Beauty & Bodywork Insurance including public Liability up to 3 million.
Health and Safety
- The client shall inform the makeup artist of any health concerns that could be of negative impact to artist(s).
- If the client(s) is/are having any COVID related symptoms, please contact the Artist right away to start a plan of action. This plan of action may result in rescheduling or cancellation of services.
- The Artist is not liable to perform any service(s) if client(s) is/are COVID positive or has any COVID symptoms. See symptoms below.
COVID Symptoms (According to the CDC) :
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
- In the event the Artist is COVID positive and/or has any COVID symptoms based upon the CDC's recommendations, the Artist will inform the Client of such illness and will arrange for another Artist as a replacement. If the Artist is unable to find a replacement for such event, the Artist is not liable or held at fault.
- The client shall inform the makeup artist of any issues that may affect the use of any equipment or products. This includes, but is not limited to sensitivities, allergies and medical conditions. The makeup artist cannot be held liable for any losses that are incurred due to the Client’s failure to inform them of any know or unknown condition.
- The purpose of the trial includes, but is not limited too, the testing of different brands of cosmetics to see if the Client has any reaction to any of the products. The Client accepts responsibility for this. It is the responsibility of the Client to inform the makeup artist of any subsequent reactions to any products used, so amendments can be made before the Event.
- If the makeup artist suspects the products to be unsuitable for a specific skin condition, based on information given from the Client, they may refuse the service.
- Should any client or member of the party become abusive, threatening or violent, the make up artist reserves the right to terminate the service without refund.
- It is recommended to apply contact lenses prior to makeup.
- Records are kept on each client and are stored securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. All information is confidential and is not divulged to any 3rd party.
- The contract may be cancelled in writing by the client at any time. The deposit paid on booking is non-refundable and is made to secure the wedding date.
- Cancellation within 1 month (30 days) of the Event Date will be responsible for 25% of the final balance owed.
- Notice of cancellation must be done in writing (Letter sent in mail or E-mail) by Client. If cancellation fee is not paid within one week after Event Date, the credit card on file will be charged and the Purchaser/Cardholder will also be entitled to a 4% processing fee.
The company will be under no obligation to refund any money paid up until point of cancellation.
- A final headcount for services rendered will be due in writing/E-mail 30 days prior to the event. No adjustments may be made after final headcount unless to add on services. Regardless of any "drop outs" within the 30 days prior to the event, the Purchaser is still obligated to pay for 100% of the original contract price.
Minimum Service Requirement
- We require a 4-person Service minimum.
- If you require less than four services, your pricing will be adjusted to meet the Basic Bridal Package; which is any party with 3 services or less.